Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Update and Bribe

Donation Update


I do have one donor to recognize from almost 2 weeks ago. My mother-in-law, Lois Baker.  I have to say that no one could ask for a better mom-in-law.  She is an amazing mom, grandma and friend.  I value her advice and encouragement more than she can possibly know.  In short, I say that my MIL could beat up your MIL!

This month I was contacted by a local Arts Organization about sponsoring my after school class.  Very exciting but nothing is concrete yet. Which means, I still need your help.

Donations have, sadly, come to a standstill but I'm hoping that I can maybe spark some more interest from some of you.  I have a bin of unsold items from my etsy store.  One of my absolute favorite items that never sold is this baby quilt.

Special Bonus Perk


Is there a new baby in your life?  The next person to donate $100 will also get this lovely handmade baby quilt.  Make sure to leave a note with the address of where you would like me to send the quilt.  Or if there are two of you who are interested in the quilt for a friend and you each want to give $50, that would work as well. Click here to make a donation of any amount.


33.5" x 40"
100% cotton
Hand and machine stitched. Machine washable.

Studio Update


School has been out for almost 2 weeks now but I have not been idle.  I should have my curriculum for the school year complete by the end of this week and I am busy turning my basement into a work space.  Our basement is not pretty.  It can't be pretty.  Nothing in the world could make it pretty.  BUT I know from experience that when I start working on long involved projects, our house becomes a disaster area.  So I am moving my whole operation into the basement. Within the next couple weeks I need to start making samples of all the projects I will be completing with the students. In a 900 sq. ft. house, that could get ugly.  Besides which, the basement will be nice and cool when we get to those  90 degree days of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment