Friday, June 7, 2013

More Pictures and More Shout Outs!





Yesterday was our last day to work on our group project.  Everyone got done, which means that everyone will be represented in the finished work.  WOOHOO!  I go back next week to teach the kids how to weave some simple bracelets.  It's the end of the year and they need some fun. 


I had some more donations come in yesterday.  So exciting!  I love seeing the number grow.  Firstly I have Punch Manufacturing to thank for a generous donation.  If your company is in need of a Website, logo, print work, design, etc..... this is the company for you.  Thank you Punch!

Marcia Duckens from ABK Weaving Center donated!  Marcia is the Director of the center, which means she's in charge of all the day to day operations.  She's also really cool.  ABK Weaving Center is a non-profit arts organization that works with MPS to teach weaving and other fiber crafts to adults and children in the Milwaukee area. 


Anonymous! I had two anonymous donors yesterday but I know who you are and I like you!  I really like you!  I shall call you Anonymous1 and Anonymous2. 




Other people have written me with offers of material donations so here is a list of things I will be accepting:

Possible Donations
sewing scissors in good condition
seam rippers
unused white or black thread
large cutting mats
tape measures
embroidery needles
embroidery threads
fabric not older than two years and at least a 1/2 yard solid piece (no silk or velvet)
iron
fusible stabilizer
interfacing
cotton batting
$5 or $10 gift cards to Joann Fabrics/Hancock Fabrics/Hobby Lobby/Walmart/Micheals 
magnetic pin cushions
fine/sharp pins 
rotary cutters
24' or 36' quilting rulers
sewing books
snap pliers
metal grommet kit
fabric marking pens/pencils
full skeins of yarn 
your time and expertise: if you live in the Milwaukee area and would be willing to share your particular knowledge with the kids, please let me know. 

*I will not be accepting sewing machines at this time as I want all the kids learning on the same model machine. If I don't make the money I need, than I might have to revisit this.



Thank you. Thank you. Thank you, to everyone who has written letters of encouragement and help and to those who have so generously donated.  Please, keep passing the word. 
 


















No comments:

Post a Comment