Thursday, June 13, 2013

Last Days

On the last 2 days of school I worked with the kids on making two different types of bracelets.  The first was a real fast and easy woven bracelet using the frame loom and optional wooden beads. The second was a kumihimo bracelet using wooden discs that I had made.  The projects were completely optional but I had a lot of students wanting to create one or the other, which was very cool.  


Students showing off their woven bracelets. 


This student went on to weave a bookmark.  You can see she's wearing her completed bracelet.  I had one student go out and buy a loom! Awesome! 

Two more Thank You's today.  One to Carolyn Brady,  an amazing mixed media artist right here in Wisconsin.  Check out some of her work  here and here.

And the second one goes to Mary Sugiyama. Mary is the on-site fine arts instructor and Assistant Education Director (I hope I got that right) at Walkers Point Center for the Arts.  The WPCA hosts wonderful after school arts programs for kids and week long classes during the summer.  They do more than that but you can read all about it on their site.

Thank you ladies!  I appreciate your support.

With 50 days to go I am still a looooong ways from reaching my goal.  Please consider giving a small donation to get this project up and running and spread the word to anyone, ANYONE. who might be interested in supporting it.  Now that school is over, I will be working on my curriculum and starting to contact businesses.  If you have any suggestions for me send me an email harmoniebaker@sbcglobal.net. 




No comments:

Post a Comment