Thursday, June 6, 2013

Kid's Work and a Shout Out!!


 This masterpiece was created by a 10 year old boy for his mother.  "She loves fruit." is what he told me.  He spent a great deal of time picking out just the right fabrics for each piece.  I'm sure she's going to love it.



Here are a  couple of students working on embroidering the squares that they have woven themselves.  I had them draw out what they wanted to embroider before putting the first stitch in. My job this weekend will be taking these individually created squares and piecing them together to make a larger work.  


The After School Stitch program has received it's first donation! 
Sunny McDaniel!!
Let me say a couple words about Sunny.  Firstly, I've never met her.  She is a H.S. friend of my husbands and a facebook friend of mine.  From the comments she makes and the things she posts I know that I like her.  Secondly, my husband told me he had a crush on her in H.S. but was too shy to ask her out.  Since he has outstanding taste in women, I was already suspicious that she was pretty wonderful.  This just confirmed it.  Thank you Sunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment