Tuesday, July 30, 2013

4 DAYS LEFT

UPDATE

As of now I have enough money to purchase 7 sewing machines.  Some of the kids will just have to share until we have the rest of the money.  I made a little over $100 at our rummage sale and I'll be manning a craft station at the Bayshore Chalk Fest in a couple weeks which will bring in another $150.  That will be $250 towards purchasing a storage cabinet for the sewing machines and sewing kits. So in spite of not making all the money I need, I still feel like I'm in a good spot to get things rolling.

 AWESOME THINGS
  • My husbands uncle, who is a retired upholsterer, donated a bunch of large rolls of upholstery fabric. Thank you so much Uncle Mike Annen! About half of what I got out of his old workshop will go to the after school program and the other half (not suitable for beginner sewing projects) will go to Milwaukee Youth Theatre for sets and costuming.  
  •  An employee from WDS (Wisconsin Drapery Supply) contacted me and they donated tons (TONS!) of trims, tassels, beading, as well as yards and yards of drapery fabric. Thank you Peppy Wisialowski for thinking of me and my program!
  • My Aunt, Bonnie Ruecker, sent me a serger. Yes, a real honest to goodness serger. I haven't used it yet because there just hasn't been time but I'm planning on sitting down this August and figuring it all out. Thank you Aunt Bonnie!  
  • A complete stranger named Mary Prince contacted me and said "I have a dress form you can have, and maybe some fabric and other misc. stuff as well". I went to her house last week and came home with a car full of goodies. Mary Prince, you are a jewel! Thank you!
THANK YOU TO SOME MORE WONDERFUL DONORS
  • Mary Stott. Mary is on the Board of Directors at ABK Weaving Center and was so wonderful as to take over the newsletter for me this year.  
  • Jan Falk. Jan is an amazing felt artist. She is currently exhibiting some work at the Wisconsin Quilt Museum in Cedarburg. Hopefully, she will also have a piece in this years Warped Milwaukee
  • Dawn Hordyk. Dawn has a heart for children. She exudes enthusiasm and encouragement. In a world full of Debbie Downers we need more Dawns. 
  • Dave and Lori McDonald. Dave and Lori are the owners of Brilliance Solutions in Milwaukee and are active members of TCC. REPRESENT!
  • My Aunt and Uncle, Monty and Carolyn Hall. They are probably biking through some dangerous urban area or bear-infested forest right now. Thank you for your encouragement.  


donated fabric

more donated fabric
 
donated dress form keeping my dress form company for now.

donated trims.

even more donated fabric, patterns and other misc.


That's it for now.  Come visit me at the Chalk Fest on the 17th. I'll be there from 10 to 5.  Not sure what I'm doing yet but it will be something with pleather. If you haven't donated yet, you have 4 days to donate through indiegogo.  After that, you can still donate through the school.  I'll put more information up about that later.  I'll talk to you in a couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment